My 20th birthday is in exactly 2 days.. With that being said, I thought about all of the lessons that I’ve learned over the years and ones I will share to my younger sisters. Enjoy added pictures of myself on this journey to 20 lol.
1.People’s opinions of you is none of your business.
2.You cannot force people to be ready when you are.
3. You cannot force someone to accept your apology.
4. The pain that you are feeling now, will never compare to the joy that is coming tomorrow.
5. Accept apologies even if you’ve never received them. Forgive and forget for you, not them.
6. Things will get better, and then worse, and then better again.. It’s really not the end of the world even if it feels like it.
7. Spend time with those you care about. But spend extra time with your grandparents.. You never know when they will be called home.
8. Don’t ever stay at a job that you are not happy with. Money will come again.
9. Time heals all wounds.
10. Listen to understand, not to respond.
11. It’s okay to take yourself on dates.
12. Say good morning to as many people as you can. You have no idea how their night went.
13. Move to a new city, travel as much as you can, go to concerts alone, cut your hair off, do whatever you need to to feel alive.
14. STOP saying “ That could never be me.” Because it will be, and you will be humbled QUICKLY.
15. Never forget your ID at home!!
16. If someone tells you that you hurt them, you do not have the right to tell them that you didn’t.
17. Friendship soulmates exist & Friendship breakups hurt more than relationship breakups.
18. Tea is better than coffee.
19. If it has your name on it, you better make sure it’s amazing content.
20. Mistakes are only mistakes if you never learn from them.
Anddd an extra 3 as a bonus!! (Because I couldn’t choose just 20 lmao)
•Don’t make a home out of people.
•No matter how hard you try, some things just won’t work out no matter how hard you try to fit it together. You won’t understand why now, but you will be so grateful for it later.
•We accept the love that we think we deserve. Don’t settle for anything. I’m talking about ANYTHING! I don’t care if you didn’t want whipped cream on your latte, you better tell them to make you a new one.